SEAL Team is an American television series created by Benjamin Cavell which was began airing from CBS on September 27, 2017.
The series follows Bravo Team, a component unit of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, better known as DEVGRU or Seal Team Six. SEAL Team received a pilot order from CBS in January 2017, and was ordered to series in May 2017.
The series received a full-season-order on October 12, 2017, bringing the first season to a total of 22 episodes. On March 27, 2018, it was renewed for a second season which will premiere on October 3, 2018.
The series follows the most elite unit of Navy Seals as they plan and undertake dangerous missions worldwide with little notice, and the burden on them and their families.
Main Cast Edit
- David Boreanaz as Jason Hayes (22/22)
- Max Thieriot as Clay Spenser (22/22)
- Jessica Paré as Mandy Ellis (7/22)
- Neil Brown Jr. as Ray Perry (7/22)
- A.J. Buckley as Sonny Quinn (7/22)
- Toni Trucks as Lisa Davis (7/22)
Recurring Cast Edit
- Judd Lormand as Eric Blackburn (5/22)
- Tyler Grey as Trent (5/22)
- Justin Melnick as Brock (5/22)
- Michaela McManus as Alana Hayes (5/22)
- Alona Tal as Stella (4/22)
- Michael Irby as Adam (3/22)
- Jay Hayden as Brian (3/22)
- Daniel Gillies as Nate Massey (2/22)
- Parisa Fakhri as Naima Perry (2/22)
- Kerri Medders as Emma Hayes (2/22)
- Dita The Hair Missile Dog as Cerberus (2/22)
- Alexandra LeMosle as Laila (1/22)
- Dawn Olivieri as Amy Nelson (6/22)
- Marsha Thomason as Vanessa Ryan (2/22)
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||22||September 27, 2017||May 16, 2018|
|2||22||October 3, 2018|
On January 27, 2017, it was announced that CBS had given the production a pilot order for the Navy SEAL project. The episode was written and author by Benjamin Cavell who were expected to executive produce alongside Ed Redlich, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Christopher Chulack. Production companies involved with the pilot include Chulack Productions, East 25 C, Timberman/Beverly Productions and CBS Television Studios. On May 12, 2017, CBS officially ordered the pilot to series. A few days later, it was announced that the series, now titled SEAL Team, would premiere in the fall of 2017 and air on Wednesdays at 9:00 P.M. On May 22, 2018, it was reported that both Cavell and Redlich were exiting their roles as executive producer and showrunner, and John Glenn replacing him as showrunner.
Casting On March 22, 2017, it was announced that David Boreanaz had been cast in the pilot's lead role had been replace Jim Caviezel in the pilot role of Jason.
The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 69% based on 16 reviews, with an average rating of 5.75/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "SEAL Team's solidly written first season offers compelling characters and hints at broader potential, even if it's somewhat undermined by an overall sense of predictability." Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 57 out of 100 based on 16 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- Main article: List of crew
DVD Release Edit
The first season will be released for DVD on August 14, 2018 owned and partnered with CBS/Paramount.
|Image||DVD Name||Ep #||Release Date|
|SEAL Team - Season One||22||August 14, 2018|